This week in Other Barks & Bites: the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office issues an updated AIA Trial Practice Guide following SAS Institute v. Iancu; the AM-FM Act is introduced into Congress to update copyright law for terrestrial radio stations; VoIP-Pal.com defeats remaining IPRs challenging its patents at the institution phase; the Copyright Royalty Board announces cost of living adjustments in certain royalty rates; a Senate report shows that U.S. law enforcement didn’t adequately respond to Chinese IP theft for 20 years; China outpaces the rest of the world in terms of blockchain patent filing activities; and Apple joins Intel’s antitrust actions against Fortress Investment Group’s patent assertions.
- Federal Circuit Rejects St. Jude’s Challenge to Validity of Snyders’ Heart Valve Patent
- CAFC Affirms District Court Dismissal of Declaratory Judgment Under Doctrine of ‘Abstention’
- 3D Printing: Adoptability, Assurance, IP and Consumer Concerns
- Federal Circuit Affirms PTAB Finding that Immunex Antibody Patent is Obvious
- Don’t Let the Pandemic End Your Startup: Tips for Shoring Up Agreements Among Business Partners