Holiday entertaining is all about one-of-a-kind decor, and we’ve got some show-stopping looks that you can make yourself. You don’t have to be an expert crafter to accomplish these easy DIY projects. Creating a custom hanging herb chandelier and dessert takeaways will really impress your guests at this year’s seasonal get-together.
Create a rustic vibe by wrapping the dining table in brown kraft paper. Arrange leaves, loaves of bread and open bottles of wine along the center of this setup. Lovely butter knives atop neatly placed cloth napkins seal the deal.
Serve tea or coffee with your homemade treat bags after the meal to brighten everyone’s day. Taking the little bit of time to make this thoughtful goody that your guests can break into right away or take home really makes visitors feel special. Taffy, cookies or a slice of pie are all great sweets to bag up for later.
Hanging Herb Chandelier Materials
- 3-foot cut of wood (or desired length, depending on your table)
- Cup hooks
- 5-foot length of multi-purpose rope
- Baker’s twine
Stamped Paper Bag Takeaways Materials
- Brown canvas, burlap or paper bags
- Stencil (ours is Antlered Deer, part of the Winter Holiday 4-Pack by Stencil 1, $13)
- Black craft paint
- Taffy or other candies
Videography and photography by Mikal Marie Photography.
- Deck Out Your Guest Room to Give Holiday Visitors a Warm Welcome
- Styling Bar Carts: 4 Irresistible Looks
- A Guide to Giving Holiday Gifts to Your Roommates
Originally published December 2015.
- Other Barks & Bites for Friday, March 31: Japan Restricts Chip-Making Exports, Ocado Scores UK High Court Win in Robotic Warehousing Case, and Judge Rejects Fair Use Defense for Internet Archive
- U.S. Government Sides with Teva in Skinny Label SCOTUS Fight
- Industry, NGOs Spar Over Need to Extend TRIPS COVID IP Waiver at ITC Hearing
- Software-Related U.S. Patent Grants in 2022 Remained Steady While Chinese Software Patents Rose 8%
- The Truth Leaks Out: Justices Struggle with the Science, Sanofi Welcomes End to Functional Genus Claims in Amgen Oral Arguments