When was the last time your home workspace or study station inspired you? For most people, the answer is, “Not recently.”
Whether you’re prepping an area for your work-from-home days or setting up a spot for young scholars to study , you can kick inspiration into high gear with home office solutions that will get your creative juices flowing again.
It’s no secret that sunshine does the body good. Fix up a space near the window so you can soak up plenty of vitamin D while pumping out price lists or writing that term paper.
Greenery looks great near a bright area, so a potted plant or two might help naturally bring your space to life.
Arts and crafts
The age of DIY is upon us. Embrace the casual-cool vibes and create your very own home desk area.
Need a semipermanent to-do list? Try using chalkboard paint to make yourself a giant notepad on a nearby cabinet or a framed chalkboard. Tired of the overdone corkboard for your sticky notes? Framed chicken wire with clothespins makes a more shabby-chic memo board.
The possibilities really are endless for this type of style. Just don’t let your DIYing get in the way of the tasks you originally sat down to do!
Collaboration is key
For those less focus-intensive projects, investigate a collaborative workstation with several small spaces or a giant community table. This type of work environment has been popular among small companies and creative agencies for the purpose of bouncing around ideas.
If you still want your own personal space, put a divider between you and the other desks for some extra privacy, and take it down when it’s time to meet and discuss. You know what they say: Teamwork makes the dream work.
A clear mind
While many of us would like to think we have complete control of our habit of logging onto Facebook or checking what else our calendar has in store for us, most of us really don’t. And the greatest enabler of this sidetracked behavior is a cluttered workspace.
Set the stage for a clean slate with a bright white desk and matching chair, a simple light fixture and an inspiring element. Keeping your workstation simple and clutter-free ensures you have a productive day – even if your homework is less than exhilarating.
Whether you’re up all night cramming for exams or prepping for a work presentation due first thing in the morning, you’ll feel more focused and productive by incorporating any of these tips into your workstation.
- 10 Ways to Conquer Clutter and Simplify Your Life
- 3 Steps to Creating an Organized Entryway (Even If You Don’t Have the Space)
- 7 Ways to Self-Sabotage Your Organizing Efforts
Originally published September 2016.
- USPTO, Copyright Office Joint Study on NFTs Could Help Dispel Confusion About IP Ownership in Media Content Underlying Digital Assets
- How French and California Contract Law Would Interpret SEP Patent Owner Obligations Under the ETSI Licensing Declaration
- WIPO Report: China Sees Massive Surge in IP Filings Across the Board
- Other Barks & Bites for Friday, November 25: Seventh Circuit Nixes Publicity Claim Against Subscriber List Sale, Copyright Office and USPTO Announce NFT Study, and Alia Moses Takes Over as Chief Judge of Western Texas
- What IP Stakeholders are Giving Thanks for in 2022