CRISPR (pronounced “crisper”) and CAR T-cell therapy are genetic technologies that have generated continued excitement during the last several years. Both technologies are experiencing exponential growth. While CAR T-cell therapy holds great promise in the fight against cancer, significant hurdles remain preventing realization of its full potential. Several innovative approaches are under investigation to overcome these hurdles. The present article provides a peek into this area of innovation by focusing on the invention described in a recently published patent application, WO/2018/115887, relating to novel CAR T-cells engineered using CRISPR.
The post CRISPR Modified CAR T-Cells Bolster Immuno Oncology Arsenal appeared first on IPWatchdog.com | Patents & Patent Law.
- IPWatchdog LIVE 2023 Recap: Video of Judge Newman’s Powerful Remarks and What Sets the LIVE Meeting Apart
- New USPTO Paneling Guidance for TTAB and PTAB Requires Disclosure of Financial Interests Regardless of Dollar Value
- Implementer Arguments at the USPTO Public Listening Session on Standards Ignore Business Realities
- A ‘Disgraceful and Insulting’ Decision: Judicial Council Officially Suspends Newman for One Year, Claiming ‘Serious Misconduct’
- Vidal Stresses Importance of Transparency and Integrity in Agency Decision-Making on Final Day of IPWatchdog LIVE