On October 13, 2020, Cybergenetics Corp. (Cybergenetics) filed a notice of appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC) from the decision of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, Eastern Division, in Cybergenetics Corp. v. Institute of Environmental Science and Research et al., No. 5:19-cv-01197-SL, holding the patent claims asserted by Cybergenetics invalid under 35 U.S.C. § 101, and granting defendant’s Rule 12(b)(6) motion to dismiss. Cybergenetics’ brief on appeal is due December 28, 2020.
- Laser Lessons: Has the Supreme Court Undermined Pioneering Laser Patents?
- Other Barks and Bites for Friday, December 1: Senators Discuss AI and Intellectual Property; EU Report Finds 86 Million Fake Items Were Detained Last Year; USPTO Releases New China IP Rights Toolkit
- IP Goes Pop! – Lessons From Movies About Innovators
- Patently Strategic Podcast: Patenting Games
- Understanding IP Matters: Piracy or Policy? Maintaining U.S. Technology Leadership in the Digital Age