In the height of summer, your backyard or porch is headquarters for family time and date night alike. Combine both, and cue up a movie on your DIY movie screen for a staycation highlight.
A bedsheet or table cloth affixed to a fence or wall plays projection screen, and your at-home projector makes movie magic.
Setting up a snack station with seasoned popcorn and traditional concession stand candies will win over guests of all ages.
Creating a homemade touch is a nice way to personalize the experience. Gather a few common household materials – canvas dropcloth, painters’ tape, fabric-safe paint and a roller – and you can craft a custom blanket that feels expensive but only costs a few dollars. The stripes lend a nautical look that let this throw pull double duty as a beach blanket or picnic spread.
Whether you choose action, comedy or thriller, your backyard movie night is sure to be a hit.
Want more tips from Douglas? Watch more home entertaining and design videos.
- Set Up Your Patio for the Best Summer Ever
- 9 Budget-Friendly Staycation Ideas for Families
- Throw an Outdoor Dinner Party With a Beachy Vibe
Originally published September 2016.
- Other Barks & Bites for Friday, December 2: Court of Federal Claims Rules CDC Patents Breached Gilead Agreements; Eleventh Circuit Affirms Trademark Win for Viacom; and Delaware Litigation Funding Case Heats Up at CAFC
- Former Commerce, USPTO Heads Push for U.S. to Lead Opposition to Extending WTO’s COVID IP Waiver
- Patent Experts Urge Kanter to Reject Calls to Scrap Avanci Business Review Letter
- Answering the Question, ‘What is the Conservative View of Patent Rights?’
- USPTO, Copyright Office Joint Study on NFTs Could Help Dispel Confusion About IP Ownership in Media Content Underlying Digital Assets