Nothing says Halloween like carved pumpkins, festive treats and fun costumes. Try these tips for throwing the perfect pumpkin-carving party with all your friends.
1. Create a casual atmosphere
Head out to the backyard, set up a few long folding tables with tablecloths and let the fall atmosphere be your decor. Play some music to get the party started.
2. Assemble a self-serve buffet
Don’t worry about serving a full meal that creates a lot of work for you. Instead, set up a self-serve buffet stocked with enough goodies for the evening, so you can enjoy the party. Think of a few simple savory dishes, add some fun and festive sweets – you’ve got it covered. Include a drink station with a few options in dispensers. Label them, set up a stack of glasses and let your guests enjoy.
3. Set up carving stations
Arrange a simple but structured carving station so your guests can enjoy the main event. Stock a table with an assortment of carving templates for those who want something other than the traditional jack-o’-lantern face. Don’t forget tape – you’ll need to hold the templates in place while you carve.
On other tables, place cute buckets your guests can scoop the pumpkin seeds and pulp into. Then put out smaller containers to hold the carving utensils. Just add some pumpkins and you’ve provided everything your guests will need.
4. Hold a carving contest
What good would pumpkin carving be without a little friendly competition? Have some judges and a variety of prizes on hand for the event. Think outside the box with the awards and go beyond just the “Best Pumpkin.” Think in terms of “Most Creative,” “Most Adventurous,” “Scariest” and so on.
5. Commemorate the evening
All that hard work should be documented! Make sure you gather up the carved masterpieces for a group shot at the end of the evening, and don’t forget to share the party photos with your guests after the fact.
Get out those pumpkins, set the tables and crank up the music for the best pumpkin-carving party around.
Need some more inspiration? Check out our video tutorial for easy ways to make your space spooky in no time.
- Sharpen Your Pumpkin Carving Skills With a Pro
- 5 Tips for Haute Halloween Decor
- Set a Fabulous Table for Fall
Originally published October 2016.
- Mechanisms, Governance, and Policy Impact of SEP Determination Approaches
- Now More Than Ever, IP Practitioners Need to Be Better Business Partners
- Live, Work and Play in a Legal Metaverse: Preparing for a New Online Existence
- The DOCX Transition: The USPTO Explains Why It’s Delaying the Fee for Non-DOCX Filings
- Rethinking Innovation with Michel, Iancu, and Watts