Moderna sues Pfizer and BioNTech over the mRNA vaccine patents behind the COVID-19 vaccines. Moderna is not seeking to remove Comirnaty® from the market and is not asking for an injunction to prevent future sale, nor damages related to Pfizer’s sales for any COVID-19 vaccine used in 92 low- and middle-income countries. Moderna is represented by Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr. The patents asserted in the complaint filed in the District of Massachusetts are: U.S. Patent Nos. 10,898,574 (the “’574 patent”), 10,702,600 (the “’600 patent”), and 10,933,127 (the “’127 patent”).
- Laser Lessons: Has the Supreme Court Undermined Pioneering Laser Patents?
- Other Barks and Bites for Friday, December 1: Senators Discuss AI and Intellectual Property; EU Report Finds 86 Million Fake Items Were Detained Last Year; USPTO Releases New China IP Rights Toolkit
- IP Goes Pop! – Lessons From Movies About Innovators
- Patently Strategic Podcast: Patenting Games
- Understanding IP Matters: Piracy or Policy? Maintaining U.S. Technology Leadership in the Digital Age