Combining the holiday break, we see a steady 24 and 25 Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) petitions filed in the last two weeks, respectively, with 84 and 71 District Court complaints filed, respectively. The 84 was again bumped up roughly 10 by another round of WSOU filings, this time against Salesforce; otherwise it was the typical mix of small file-and-settle non-practicing entity (NPE) additions (mostly IP Edge, seemingly filling out some kind of annual quotas, and with a new campaign against shuttle services), bigger funded NPEs like Acacia and Dominion Harbor entities, small filers, and a smattering of company-company filings. Cedar Lane also ended the year strong, adding a few logs to the yule fire.
- Understanding IP Matters: Piracy or Policy? Maintaining U.S. Technology Leadership in the Digital Age
- AI and Trade Secrets: A Winning Combination
- A New Era of Copyright Litigation in Hollywood: Revisiting Pirates of the Caribbean One Year Later
- Federal Circuit Vacates TTAB Decision as Arbitrary and Capricious
- ‘I Want to Thank You’: Who and What IP Stakeholders are Giving Thanks for This Year