It was a typical week for patent filings at both the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and in district courts, with 25 new PTAB petitions (five post grant review and 20 inter partes review) and 53 new district court complaints filed. At the PTAB, there were three procedural denials under Section 325(d) (and denying patent owner’s request to deny under Fintiv) in IPRs filed by Nokia Corp. against optical networking patents owned by Alexander Soto and Walter Soto and asserted by inventor owned-NextGen Innovations, LLC.
- Understanding IP Matters: Piracy or Policy? Maintaining U.S. Technology Leadership in the Digital Age
- AI and Trade Secrets: A Winning Combination
- A New Era of Copyright Litigation in Hollywood: Revisiting Pirates of the Caribbean One Year Later
- Federal Circuit Vacates TTAB Decision as Arbitrary and Capricious
- ‘I Want to Thank You’: Who and What IP Stakeholders are Giving Thanks for This Year