A relatively subdued week led to just 18 petitions and 57 district court patent filings, mostly driven by WSOU adding Cannon to a number of suits, a fair number of Leigh Rothschild entity complaints against small companies, and a new assertion campaign from Far North Patents. There were also 10 denials of institution, nine of which were on Section 314 non-merits grounds; the FitBit filings against Phillips patents were denied institution over Fintiv based on an International Trade Commission (ITC) action Phillips initiated, and a number of parallel petitions filed by Comcast were denied consideration under the Board’s July 2019 Trial Practice Guide Update “ranking” requirement (which was itself based on an earlier Comcast v. Rovi set of IPRs).
- IP VIPS Send Letter to Congress Countering Calls for Government Price Controls on Drugs
- Deadline for Comments on USPTO RFC on Standards and IP Extended
- Independent Inventor Seeks New Trial for LG’s Alleged Violations of Sotera Stipulation
- Realtek Denied Mandamus Relief at CAFC in ITC Battle with AMD
- IPWatchdog LIVE 2023 Recap: Video of Judge Newman’s Powerful Remarks and What Sets the LIVE Meeting Apart