The final day of IPWatchdog’s PTAB Masters™ 2021 program kicked off with more than 1,070 registrants and a discussion featuring retired U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit Chief Judge Paul Michel, Meredith Addy of AddyHart, and IPWatchdog Founder and CEO Gene Quinn about the many obstacles facing patentees today in light of the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and an overburdened Federal Circuit. Michel said that, a decade after the America Invents Act (AIA) was passed, with the real-world knowledge we now have of the PTAB, “conclusions and practices should change in light of experience. When facts change, views should change.”
- Laser Lessons: Has the Supreme Court Undermined Pioneering Laser Patents?
- Other Barks and Bites for Friday, December 1: Senators Discuss AI and Intellectual Property; EU Report Finds 86 Million Fake Items Were Detained Last Year; USPTO Releases New China IP Rights Toolkit
- IP Goes Pop! – Lessons From Movies About Innovators
- Patently Strategic Podcast: Patenting Games
- Understanding IP Matters: Piracy or Policy? Maintaining U.S. Technology Leadership in the Digital Age