One of the specialist IP judges in the England and Wales Court of Appeal, Lord Justice Floyd, retired on February 10, 2021. He had been a Lord Justice of Appeal since 2013 and was previously a judge in the High Court for six years. Lord Justice Floyd wrote many significant judgments in IP cases during his career, and will also be familiar to many readers due to his contributions to events such as the Fordham IP Conference, which he often attended.
- Understanding IP Matters: Piracy or Policy? Maintaining U.S. Technology Leadership in the Digital Age
- AI and Trade Secrets: A Winning Combination
- A New Era of Copyright Litigation in Hollywood: Revisiting Pirates of the Caribbean One Year Later
- Federal Circuit Vacates TTAB Decision as Arbitrary and Capricious
- ‘I Want to Thank You’: Who and What IP Stakeholders are Giving Thanks for This Year