Rather than allowing it a quiet death, the financial services industry is making a quiet effort to keep the Covered Business Methods (CBM) Program at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) alive. The special interest group has reportedly enlisted Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) to push for an extension of the CBM program for one year. A rider on the next COVID supplemental appropriations package, or possibly a FY 2021 Commerce Department appropriations bill, would carry the grant of CBM’s stay of expiration.
- Other Barks & Bites for Friday, February 23: Intel and Microsoft Announce Landmark Chip and IP Deal; Court Overturns $1 Billion Copyright Infringement Ruling Against Cox; and Reddit and Google Set to Announce AI Content Licensing Agreement
- Members of Congress Blast Biden on March-In Proposal and Pandemic Accord
- Rader’s Ruminations: The Most Striking (and Embarrassing) Legal Mistake in Modern Patent Law
- Supreme Court Denies Five IP Petitions on Issues from IPR Joinder to Contributory Trademark Infringement
- ‘Where Are the Designers on This?’: Some Post-Argument Thoughts on LKQ v. GM