This week in our nation’s capital, the Senate Banking Committee holds a hearing on introducing decentralized ledger technologies into government payment systems while the Senate Labor Subcommittee looks at Operation Warp Speed’s progress on developing a COVID-19 vaccine. Over in the House of Representatives, the House Rules Committee will look at amendments to the INVEST in America Act, a major transportation infrastructure bill which earmarks federal funding for mobility innovation programs. Elsewhere, New America looks at the impact that the year 2020 will have on the world of big tech while the Center for Strategic & International Studies discusses Main Street innovation in the defense sector with the company president of General Atomics, maker of the MQ-9 Reaper.
- Other Barks & Bites for Friday, February 23: Intel and Microsoft Announce Landmark Chip and IP Deal; Court Overturns $1 Billion Copyright Infringement Ruling Against Cox; and Reddit and Google Set to Announce AI Content Licensing Agreement
- Members of Congress Blast Biden on March-In Proposal and Pandemic Accord
- Rader’s Ruminations: The Most Striking (and Embarrassing) Legal Mistake in Modern Patent Law
- Supreme Court Denies Five IP Petitions on Issues from IPR Joinder to Contributory Trademark Infringement
- ‘Where Are the Designers on This?’: Some Post-Argument Thoughts on LKQ v. GM