With multiple reports published by many different entities on 5G leadership, it is hard to know who to believe, as there is little transparency about where the data comes from and what types of analysis were applied to retrieve the results, let alone how to try to reproduce any such analysis yourself. Most of the time, understanding standard essential patents (SEPs), standards and patents requires access to multiple databases, the valuable time of your subject matter experts, as well as both in-house and outside counsel. In the end, it can appear that you are spending far more resources on gathering the data than on gaining actionable knowledge from it to understand what it means to your business, your portfolio and your strategy.
- Building High-Quality Patent Portfolios in the United States and Europe: Part II – Software Patents
- Biden Executive Order’s Approach to SEPs Sells Out American Small Businesses and Innovators
- Billionaire Space Race Between Bezos and Branson (and Musk) Pushes Forward Next Generation of Spaceflight Innovation
- The Washington Football Team’s Trademark Journey: Over the Bumps and Full Speed Ahead
- Doing it Their Way: Leaders Share Tips for Helping Women to Make it in the IP Game
- Looming Leahy Bill Would End Fintiv Practice at PTAB
- Patent Filings Roundup: Trio of Actions Accuse IP Investments of Coordinated Campaign with Intellectual Ventures Backend; Judge Albright Cancels One of 141 WSOU-Asserted Patents; New Magnetar Entity Surfaces
- International: WIPO Reports Increasing Prevalence of Alternative Dispute Resolution for Business-to-Business Copyright Disputes
- New Tillis-Leahy Bills to Boost Innovation: The Good, the Bad and the Nonsense
- Where Have All of the Ex Parte Appeals Gone?