Senators and Representatives Coons, Tillis, Collins, Johnson, and Stivers recently announced in a press release a proposed framework to fix patent eligibility law in the United States. If written as proposed in the draft framework, section 101 may do harm to the patent system. The senators and representatives are now soliciting feedback on the draft framework. They are likely to take additional action on the framework as soon as early this week. Please send the following text with any of your edits to IntellectualProperty@tillis.senate.gov.
- Fee Shifting
- WIPO Report Validates Fears About U.S. Patent Decline
- Petition Seeks Rare En Banc Review to Clarify Whether PTAB Can Overrule Article III Courts
- USPTO Issues Additional Subject Matter Eligibility Guidance
- A Thank You from IPWatchdog As We Celebrate 20 Years
- Other Barks & Bites, Friday, October 18: USPTO Updates Subject Matter Eligibility Guidelines, China Receives Half of 2018 Global Patent Filings, US Inventor to Host Rally