The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has appointed David L. Berdan as its new General Counsel, replacing Acting General Counsel, Nicholas Matich, who took over for former General Counsel Sarah Harris after her departure from the Office on March 27, 2020. Berdan most recently served as General Counsel and Compliance Officer of Gaming Arts. He has a Juris Doctor from Drake University Law School, where he was a founding member and President of the Drake Intellectual Property Law Society, and has also worked as Patent Counsel at Corning, Inc.; as Vice President and Intellectual Property Counsel at The Coleman Company; as Chief Counsel Intellectual Property at INVISTA; and as Vice President Legal and Deputy General Counsel at International Game Technology.
- Other Barks and Bites for Friday, December 1: Senators Discuss AI and Intellectual Property; EU Report Finds 86 Million Fake Items Were Detained Last Year; USPTO Releases New China IP Rights Toolkit
- IP Goes Pop! – Lessons From Movies About Innovators
- Patently Strategic Podcast: Patenting Games
- Understanding IP Matters: Piracy or Policy? Maintaining U.S. Technology Leadership in the Digital Age
- AI and Trade Secrets: A Winning Combination