Litigation finance trends, Supreme Court decisions on patent enablement and copyright fair use, the launch of the Unified Patent Court, more cases dealing with the intersection of IP law and AI— and continued uncertainty. These are some of the key issues to watch in 2023, according to the readers below. As we do each December, IPWatchdog asked its IP community what they will be paying attention to as we enter the new year; hopefully their responses will help prepare you for what’s ahead.
- Clause 8: Ed Murgitroyd on Disrupting IP Services and Leading a Publicly Traded IP Law Firm
- USPTO Names New Advisory Board Members on Heels of PPAC Report Forecasting Downward Trend in Finances
- APPLE JAZZ Trademark Fight Continues at CAFC
- Straight to the Prompt: IP Lawyers Must Develop AI Skills NOW
- This Week in Washington IP: Evaluating the U.S.’s Role in IP Leadership, CHIPS Act Successes and Semiconductor Production, and the White House Policy on AI