The implications of the announcement that the Biden Administration will support efforts to waive intellectual property protection for COVID-19 vaccines and therapies is still sinking in. The Wall Street Journal wrote two editorials in three days, the second more blistering than the first. “Biden’s Vaccine IP Debacle” begins: “… [T]his may be the single worst presidential economic decision since Nixon’s wage-and-price controls.” Not to second guess the paper, but President Nixon’s decision only harmed our economy—this one threatens both our economy and our health far into the future.
- Laser Lessons: Has the Supreme Court Undermined Pioneering Laser Patents?
- Other Barks and Bites for Friday, December 1: Senators Discuss AI and Intellectual Property; EU Report Finds 86 Million Fake Items Were Detained Last Year; USPTO Releases New China IP Rights Toolkit
- IP Goes Pop! – Lessons From Movies About Innovators
- Patently Strategic Podcast: Patenting Games
- Understanding IP Matters: Piracy or Policy? Maintaining U.S. Technology Leadership in the Digital Age