The Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) recently submitted comments in support of a National Institute of Standards and Technology [NIST] rulemaking on “Rights to Federally Funded Inventions and Licensing of Government Owned Inventions.” The proposed rule caps a nearly three-year effort by NIST, through engagement with stakeholders, to improve federal technology transfer and the commercialization of federally funded inventions. That effort resulted in a comprehensive Green Paper, “Unleashing American Innovation” in April 2019, which reviewed federal research efforts and made detailed recommendations to maximize the taxpayers’ return on investment.
- A New Era of Copyright Litigation in Hollywood: Revisiting Pirates of the Caribbean One Year Later
- Federal Circuit Vacates TTAB Decision as Arbitrary and Capricious
- ‘I Want to Thank You’: Who and What IP Stakeholders are Giving Thanks for This Year
- SCOTUS Declines Solving Circuit Split on Awarding Avoided Costs in Trade Secret Cases
- Supreme Court Again Denies Inventor’s Bid to End Alice/Mayo