The Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office (BPTO) presently offers more than 15 programs to speed up examination of patent applications. The prioritization of certain patent applications by means of Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) programs and other fast-track options has been very effective in reducing pendency. Brazil’s backlog has already been reduced by around 40% and the BPTO estimates an additional 40% reduction by August 2021.
- Straight to the Prompt: IP Lawyers Must Develop AI Skills NOW
- This Week in Washington IP: Evaluating the U.S.’s Role in IP Leadership, CHIPS Act Successes and Semiconductor Production, and the White House Policy on AI
- Laser Lessons: Has the Supreme Court Undermined Pioneering Laser Patents?
- Other Barks and Bites for Friday, December 1: Senators Discuss AI and Intellectual Property; EU Report Finds 86 Million Fake Items Were Detained Last Year; USPTO Releases New China IP Rights Toolkit
- IP Goes Pop! – Lessons From Movies About Innovators