While countless industries have been forced to adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic, the video game industry has been on a winning streak. Historic numbers of people have turned to video games for social connection, competitive sport, and everything in between. By the numbers, one in three people on the planet play video games and, this week, millions of those people tuned into E3, the premiere event for game players and game creators alike.
- Computer Law
- Fair Use
- First Sale Doctrine
- The Copyright Claims Board: A Venue for Pursuing Actual or Statutory Damages Impacting Both Registered and Unregistered Works
- Win for Photographer in Ninth Circuit Reversal of Fair Use Finding
- Entrepreneur Spotlight: How Ray Young is Fighting Content Theft Encouraged by Big Tech Platforms
- Testing the Bounds of Copyright Protection in Choreographic Works: Hanagami v. Epic Games, Inc.
- IP Issues for Retail Businesses Advertising in Augmented Reality
- CAFC Affirms Merck’s Win at PTAB over Mylan Challenge to Diabetes Treatment Claims
- Federal Circuit Clarifies Alice Step Two Analysis in Reversal of District Court’s Rule 12 Dismissal
- The Judicial Balancing Act: How Judges Manage Competing Interests in Trade Secret Cases
- Jump Rope Company Asks High Court to Weigh in on CAFC Approach to Collateral Estoppel for PTAB Invalidations
- Review Not Warranted: SG Tells SCOTUS to Scrap Amgen’s Case on Enablement Test for Biotech Patents