The gamesmanship that plays out on both sides of the “v” was on the examination table during “Gaming the Patent Litigation System: Value, Venue, Verdicts & Villains,” one of the panels taking place on the first day of IPWatchdog LIVE 2022. Though the panel included lawyers primarily representing either patent owners or district court defendants and Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) petitioners, the speakers offered agreement on certain issues in the current iteration of the U.S. patent system that should be addressed to reduce uncertainty for all litigants.
- Independent Inventor Seeks New Trial for LG’s Alleged Violations of Sotera Stipulation
- Realtek Denied Mandamus Relief at CAFC in ITC Battle with AMD
- IPWatchdog LIVE 2023 Recap: Video of Judge Newman’s Powerful Remarks and What Sets the LIVE Meeting Apart
- New USPTO Paneling Guidance for TTAB and PTAB Requires Disclosure of Financial Interests Regardless of Dollar Value
- Implementer Arguments at the USPTO Public Listening Session on Standards Ignore Business Realities