The New Civil Liberties Alliance (NCLA), the firm representing U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC) Judge Pauline Newman in CAFC Chief Judge Kimberly Moore’s bid to oust her from the court, sent a letter today to the CAFC Chief Judge calling for the case to be transferred to a new circuit. The letter charges that Moore has ordered that no new cases be assigned to Newman, that the complaint Moore identified against her “contains basic errors of fact”, and that Newman was not afforded enough time to respond to Moore’s numerous demands, among other accusations. U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts also received a copy of the letter.
- Laser Lessons: Has the Supreme Court Undermined Pioneering Laser Patents?
- Other Barks and Bites for Friday, December 1: Senators Discuss AI and Intellectual Property; EU Report Finds 86 Million Fake Items Were Detained Last Year; USPTO Releases New China IP Rights Toolkit
- IP Goes Pop! – Lessons From Movies About Innovators
- Patently Strategic Podcast: Patenting Games
- Understanding IP Matters: Piracy or Policy? Maintaining U.S. Technology Leadership in the Digital Age