On Thursday morning, the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions (HELP) held a legislative markup hearing to debate amendments to S. 2333, the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness and Response Act (PAHPARA), the reauthorization bill to extend the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act (PAHPA). If enacted as currently drafted, PAHPARA would direct federal agencies to study alternative models for funding biomedical research, including prize systems that have been routinely rejected as a viable model by pro-innovation advocates.
- IP VIPS Send Letter to Congress Countering Calls for Government Price Controls on Drugs
- Deadline for Comments on USPTO RFC on Standards and IP Extended
- Independent Inventor Seeks New Trial for LG’s Alleged Violations of Sotera Stipulation
- Realtek Denied Mandamus Relief at CAFC in ITC Battle with AMD
- IPWatchdog LIVE 2023 Recap: Video of Judge Newman’s Powerful Remarks and What Sets the LIVE Meeting Apart