The business of the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) continues on as most practitioners transition into another month of working from home. Like many courts, the PTAB has adapted its standard practices. For example, the PTAB has transitioned to remote hearings and encouraged remote depositions, but has otherwise continued to advocate for business as usual. The PTAB also appears to be accommodating requested scheduling changes. This article addresses the main highlights from recent PTAB actions to provide practitioners with additional resources as they navigate PTAB practice over the next weeks and/or months.
- Other Barks & Bites for Friday, February 23: Intel and Microsoft Announce Landmark Chip and IP Deal; Court Overturns $1 Billion Copyright Infringement Ruling Against Cox; and Reddit and Google Set to Announce AI Content Licensing Agreement
- Members of Congress Blast Biden on March-In Proposal and Pandemic Accord
- Rader’s Ruminations: The Most Striking (and Embarrassing) Legal Mistake in Modern Patent Law
- Supreme Court Denies Five IP Petitions on Issues from IPR Joinder to Contributory Trademark Infringement
- ‘Where Are the Designers on This?’: Some Post-Argument Thoughts on LKQ v. GM