This week in Washington IP events, Congressional consideration of technology and innovation topics are limited to the House of Representatives, which will hold hearings in the middle of the week on topics such as the Trump Administration’s research and development budget for fiscal year 2021, the delayed rollout of Veterans Affairs’ electronic health record system, as well as innovative products in the lumber industry. Elsewhere in D.C., The Brookings Institution hosts an event exploring modernization efforts at the U.S. Navy and the Center for Strategic and International Studies focuses on ways to improve Internet infrastructure to aid lower-income economies in developing nations across the world.
- Other Barks & Bites for Friday, February 23: Intel and Microsoft Announce Landmark Chip and IP Deal; Court Overturns $1 Billion Copyright Infringement Ruling Against Cox; and Reddit and Google Set to Announce AI Content Licensing Agreement
- Members of Congress Blast Biden on March-In Proposal and Pandemic Accord
- Rader’s Ruminations: The Most Striking (and Embarrassing) Legal Mistake in Modern Patent Law
- Supreme Court Denies Five IP Petitions on Issues from IPR Joinder to Contributory Trademark Infringement
- ‘Where Are the Designers on This?’: Some Post-Argument Thoughts on LKQ v. GM