This week on Capitol Hill, the heated drug pricing debate is back in the spotlight, with a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on intellectual property and the price of prescription drugs on Tuesday. In the House of Representatives, oversight hearings will examine both the activities of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and data security efforts made by the Federal Trade Commission. Off the Hill, The Cato Institute looks at U.S. cyber defense capabilities, and the week closes with a Brookings Institution event on China’s actions towards global tech dominance.
- Fee Shifting
- WIPO Report Validates Fears About U.S. Patent Decline
- Petition Seeks Rare En Banc Review to Clarify Whether PTAB Can Overrule Article III Courts
- USPTO Issues Additional Subject Matter Eligibility Guidance
- A Thank You from IPWatchdog As We Celebrate 20 Years
- Other Barks & Bites, Friday, October 18: USPTO Updates Subject Matter Eligibility Guidelines, China Receives Half of 2018 Global Patent Filings, US Inventor to Host Rally